Friday, February 25, 2011

soft

Flags whipping in the wind, cars passing in the street and here I sit safely behind glass. The air is warm and lights are humming in my head. I feel safe. I feel complacent. I feel soft. I feel my body decaying. Brain stumbling, heart clogging, eyes failing, muscles withering, work makes ones soul shallow. When I try to set sail I always end up ship wrecked on the corporate rocks. Stranded at my desk eyes failing, grinding, withering, clothes beginning to lose their fit. So small inside a large shell the walls echo as minutes tick into hours that pass into days and then to years. Life is fading. I will now place cigarettes in my socks in hopes of absorbing caffeine into my soul. Please wave when you pass me. I will sit idle in a world sick with greed dreaming of the sugars of the night.

1 comment:

  1. I ask myself "What do I do?"
    I know the answer and it's always easy but it's not the first step that scares me.

    ReplyDelete