Thursday, July 8, 2010

effortless with a prize

I can despise the colors you wear. In round rooms all eyes are on you. In a hall people pass on the right. I see your skin. The place where you bought it is of no interest to me. I don’t need your skin. A passion for yellow in spring and olive in the fall can only lead to pictures painted in ashes. Nine out of ten times a cup is your companion. Fill it up to the top and it will never be full. Place a lid on it and forget the contents, just hold the cup. The benches are empty here and the carpenters aren’t hammer in nails, no work is being done. What will they do? People in need of a redo can’t get it due to a lack of effort from the team. A few of them hang and pose as if going real fast, but I can see their skin. Under it all they are lubed ready for the fight, but their fight will be short and eventless. A plaque, a trophy, a ribbon, all things that lose their luster with the passage of time. If I could I would buy you knife and show you what’s real. Later they will come and wonder what’s for lunch and who’s going to pay. The facts are the facts and I truly need no skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment