Wednesday, August 12, 2009

no tunneling

A state of grace, a time when all things converge to a point where truth exists, I can’t say I’ve ever been there but I would like to believe it exists. Some people spend their entire life searching for it. An ever-ending search for a point not attainable by those on the ground. Step by step tracks are laid in a journey of circular proportion. In days to come feelings start to show up, smiles start to break and lives start to crumble. Oh, I know I’ve seen it before and I know the outcome. I only wish I could make some changes. It doesn’t always have to end up this way. I see them smile, drinking their beer, mowing their lawn, somehow they lost what really counts and replaced it with a bland existence and a smile. I just can’t make sense of it all. I drive by them on the freeway, smiles, suites, ready for the next meeting. A meeting with an eternity of smiles and hidden agendas makes me feel cool, ready for the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment